Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's been awhile since I have posted here and a lot has happened since my last post. 

I guess the main reason is the very basic for most, money and time a loose second. When I first bought Mr.Frosty off of my friend Brian, I had as much free time as one could handle. I had a great job paying almost double as what I make now, and I rode my bikes 5 days a week as I was new to Vancouver and explored as much as I could on account of not knowing anyone.

Now, some 11 years later, I have had several jobs, almost as many places to live in, and a few passive or aggressive relationships that were not very supportive on a mutual level, of the interests that led me to this city in the first place.

Now, over the last 2 years, I have made some considerable changes with my life and so, met an amazing Woman who has been a huge influence on my goals being rekindled my passions, both for bikes and Mr.Frosty and of course my soul food, art and the creative energy to reach out more using my skills and unique people I have met since being here.

Since the last post, Mr.Frosty has been hit a few times, rained on, parts stolen and sadly, due to a previously bad paint job, that looked perfectly fine when purchased, after proper winters left outside in the "wet coast", has a few rust spots. the metal work I will have to source out (suggestions gladly accepted;) and a fair amount of sanding will have to be done to reduce costs of prep. Thankfully it is now in it's own underground parking in my building and a small car lives next to it, hopefully it stays that way..

I have a new wiring harness purchased in 2010 from Lordco and once the floor panels are done and a few other body projects it will be installed. I am told this is a very tricky process and to take my time and there are sites to help out, and of course a stereo complete with subs and a basic amp. Beyond that, brakes, front end, paint job, new upholstery, seat belts (originally not stock pre 64') and fixing or upgrading bits here and there are going to follow and lastly, new wheels if needed once a new front end is installed due to stability.


April impact while parked with Neighbour after a Canucks game...HE said he had no clue he hit me... 
So naturally I let him know after taken proper pictures for insurance. Thankfully ICBC loved Mr.Frosty:)

The dash has been a tricky process to sand, when it was outside. So simple, yet time consuming.

Then the lights were pulled out to see what's needed. A lot it seems. Over 40's years of use and rusty and odd short cuts taken. Good thing the Nova has after market parts that will be pretty much perfect matches for most of the Wagon, save the rear panels or cosmetics.

the Dash and gauges are all stock, for now. A modern system might be a good move when funds are available. If I can find a way to clean this up to a nice condition I might keep it, otherwise, Ebay...

So there you have it, a lot has happened, and as of 2013, more to come with a stronger approach. I wondered why there were no entries since 2011, but reading over my shoulder my Lovely lady informed me it was due to starting to date her, which I guess she is right. Does she plan to make me sell, of course not, she plainly stated " Wagons are practical, and if we have kids, they get to drive a cool car". It also gives me a chance to have smaller hands around to get in those tight places;)



No comments:

Post a Comment